75 days. One of the most stunning dark green, deeply curled parsley varieties we've grown. Wega's leaves are bright and clean tasting with sturdy stems. The uniform plants form upright mounds of foliage that are so beautiful they'd fit comfortably in an ornamental setting to add an intricate textural appeal. Once Wega reaches its full size, it patiently waits for harvest without bolting, turning bitter or becoming stringy.
- More Information
- Customer Reviews (0)
|Soil Temp for Germ.||Days to Emergence||Seed Depth||Thin Plants To||Seed Spacing||Row Spacing||Min. Germ.||Seed Life||Seeds per gram||Fertilizer Needs|
|50-75°F||12-18||1/4"||8-10"||2-3/inch||12-18"||65%||2 years||≈ 350||Medium|
Petroselinum crispum Parsley's vitamin K content merits it a focal place at the table rather than its familiar status as a mere garnish. With over 155% DV of vitamin K packed in just 2 tablespoons, it's a potent source of nutrition, but its health benefits don't end there. It's also rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, and vitamins A and C.
Days to maturity are calculated from direct seeding date.
• Parlsey is a cold-tolerant biennial that can be grown through the winter in mild climates
• Plants grow best in rich, evenly moist, well-composted soil
• Work in 1 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer per 10 row feet
• Sow seed and lightly cover with soil, vermiculite or sifted compost
• Start indoors 6-8 weeks before anticipated transplant date
Insects & Diseases
• Relatively disease and insect free
Harvest & Storage
• Cut individual sprigs as needed from the outside edges of the plants