Agastache foeniculum A wonderful plant that benefits the gardener and wildlife alike. Honeybees and butterflies love the nectar from the indigo-violet to blue flowers. Gardeners love the tea made from the licorice-flavored leaves. The 3-4 foot tall plants will produce their flowers on dense spikes 2-6 inches long. Hardy in zones 5 and above. Germination code: (1)
Also available as a plant.
- More Information
- Customer Reviews (0)
Check the code at the end of the description for specific germination requirements.
(1) Germinates at temperatures between 60-75°F.
(2) Larger seeds need to be covered with soil at least as thick as the seed itself. May be slow and erratic to germinate.
(3) These seeds need a period of cold stratification for successful germination. Best results are obtained when the seeds are kept warm and moist for 2 weeks followed by temperatures of 33-35°F for 4-6 weeks or until germination starts.
(4) No special requirements, but germination may be slow and erratic.
• Fertile, well-drained soil provides the best results
• Harvest and fertilize regularly to encourage vegetative growth
• Apply 1 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer per 5 row feet, and 1 inch of compost
• For leafy herbs snip off flower buds as they appear
• Start seeds 6-8 weeks before anticipated transplant date
• Small seeds (thyme, savory, marjoram, oregano) can be gently pressed onto surface of the soil—don't cover or bury seed
• Fertilize with Age Old Grow every 10-14 days for optimum growth
• Small seedlings such as thyme, savory and sweet marjoram may be successfully transplanted in small clumps
• Hardy herbs can be transplanted after the last frost
• Transplant tender herbs after last frost when weather has stabilized
Harvest & Storage
• Fresh use: Harvest only as needed
• Drying: Harvest at peak maturity, hang small bunches from ceiling in a dry, warm (80-90°F), dark location with good ventilation for 1-2 weeks
• Distilling: Harvest when blooms are just beginning to appear; at this point the leaves contain the highest level of essential oils