Flower Mix-Beneficial Bug
This mixture will attract beneficial bugs to your garden! The 18-species mix includes varieties such as Bishop's Flower, dill, and rockcress. Attracts lacewings, lady beetles, syrphid flies, tachinid flies, and trichogramma wasps. Best planted, spring, early summer, and fall. Planting rate: 3 1/2-6 1/2 ounces per 1000 square feet; 9-18 pounds per acre. Germination code: (4)
For a list of mix contents click here.
- More Information
- Customer Reviews (1)
GERMINATION CODE: Given at the end of each description to give you specific information.
(1) Germination occurs between 70-85°F and within 6-15 days. Sow indoors and cover lightly.
(2) Needs a period of pre-chilling. Mix seeds with moistened peat moss and place in plastic bag. Seal and place bag in an area where the temperature is around 60°F for 2-3 days. Then place in the refrigerator for 30-90 days. After pre-chilling, place seed on sterile seedling mix and cover lightly. Germination may take up to 30 days.
(3) Needs darkness to germinate. Remove cover as soon as germination occurs.
(4) Direct sow in the garden as soon as the soil warms to at least 55°F.
(5) Germination may be slow and erratic. A fluctuating temperature of 75°F during the day and 50°F at night may help.
(6) Needs at least 12 hours of light per day to germinate. Press into the medium but do not cover. Keep moist.
Note: For those varieties that indicate a (1) or (6), a very light covering of vermiculite will allow adequate light to the seed and keep it uniformly moist."