Tah Tsai Mustard
Brassica rapa Perviridis Group 40-50 days. A beautiful dark green 6 inch spinach mustard that is very mild and easy to grow. Sow seed spring through fall. Glossy spoon-shaped leaves are pleasant raw in salads and sautéed or steamed as a side dish.
For winter harvest: Sow seed July through November.
- More Information
- Customer Reviews (1)
|Soil Temp for Germ.||Days to Emergence||Seed Depth||Thin Plants To||Seed Spacing||Row Spacing||Min. Germ.||Seed Life||Seeds per gram||Fertilizer Needs|
Days to maturity are calculated from date of direct seeding.
• Mustard greens are easy crops to grow if planted in early spring or late summer
• Mustards are best directly sown
• Make a furrow 6 inches deep and sprinkle 1/2 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer per 10 row feet in the bottom of the furrow
• Backfill the furrow and plant the seed
• Thin after second set of true leaves
• Sow July—August for a fall crop
• Start indoors 3-5 weeks before anticipated transplant
• Put out after the danger of hard frost, and use 1/4 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer around each plant
• For a fall crop: start July—August for transplanting August—September
Insects & Diseases
• Common insects: Flea beetles
• Insect control: Pyrethrin, silver mulch, or row covers at planting
• Disease prevention: 5-7 year crop rotation