Revolution Lettuce Organic
38 days. How red is red? If you're looking for a frilly leaved lollo rossa type lettuce with the deep, intense red color similar to our Outredgeous romaine, Revolution ts the bill. This 10-12 inch plant has deeply frilled leaves that are thick and stay crunchy, even after a few days in your refrigerator. Revolution is one of the richest red varieties in our trials, and it holds well in the garden.
- More Information
- Customer Reviews (1)
|Soil Temp for Germ.||Days to Emergence||Seed Depth||Thin Plants To||Seed Spacing||Row Spacing||Min. Germ.||Seed Life||Seeds per gram||Fertilizer Needs|
|40-80°F||2-15||1/8"||10-16"||1"||16-18"||80%||3 years||≈ 800||Low|
Days to maturity are calculated from date of direct seeding.
• Lettuce performs best in cool weather, 60-70°F, and grows in a wide range of soil types
• Plant as early as soil can be worked
• For extended harvest, plant every 2-3 weeks and choose heat tolerant varieties for summer
• Lettuce seed can be sown every month from February—October
• A cold frame and cold-hardy varieties can stretch the spring and fall growing season into the winter months
• Apply 1 cup of TSC's Complete fertilizer per 10 row feet, and 1 inch of compost
• 1 gram of seed will sow 30 row feet
• Consistent, even watering is critical for best results
• Use row cover to improve germination and prevent soil crusting
• As soon as 2-3 true leaves have formed, thin loose-leaf types to 10-14 inches apart; icebergs, butterheads, and romaines to 12-16 inches apart
• Start indoors 4-6 weeks before anticipated transplant date
Insects & Diseases
• Common pests: Aphids and slugs
• Pest control: Strong spray of water for aphids or applications of Pyrethrin or Neem oil, baits, traps, or Cabbage Collars for slugs
Harvest & Storage
• While picking individual leaves helps extend the season somewhat, all eventually become bitter as they begin to bolt
What is pelleted seed?
Seed that has been coated with a clay-based material to form a larger, round shape. This makes planting by hand or mechanical seeder easier and allows for more controlled sowing of small seeds such as carrots or lettuce. All pelleted seed has a National Organic Program (NOP) approved coating.
KEY TO LETTUCE DISEASE RESISTANCE AND TOLERANCE
HR indicates high resistance.
IR indicates intermediate resistance.
BR | Bottom Rot
DM* | Downy Mildew
LD | Lettuce Drop
LMV* | Lettuce Mosaic Virus
Nr* | Lettuce Aphid
PM | Powdery Mildew
Rs | Corky Root
TBSV | Tomato Bushy Stunt Virus (Lettuce Dieback Complex)
* Numbers indicate specific disease race.